 CAD / 2779
Re: layout of Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:36:58 GMT

On 09/14/1999, at 9:51 AM, John VanZwieten wrote:

Dennett <dennett@agate.net> wrote in message
John, I have a suggestion. I think we need to make all of Datsville's
streets two-way. three reasons for this are.
1. My fire trucks, if they were any ordinary traffic are on a one-way
dead end street.
2. We have dead end one way streets. That doesn't allow traffic.
3. I hate one way streets.

One-way streets, especially for a town that small are confusing,
annoying, and a pain.
So I am asking for you to remove the one way signs unless I am
missing something important in my observations.

The two north-south one-way streets are part of a state highway that • divides
north of the courthouse and will reconnect somewhere south of the • firestation.
The town square also moves in one (counter-clockwise) direction, as most • town
squares do.  Other than that, I don't see any more one-way streets
happening.

Good :)

When the fire trucks need to get out going north, the light at that • corner
will turn all red, allowing them to hang a right and then turn right or • left
at the light.  And the one-ways won't be dead-ends for long.

OK. That's what I hoped you were going to say. I'm glad you had that
already planned. So looking at the overhead shot, the left one way street
goes down(south) and the one to the back of my fire station goes up.
Am I correct??

One-way streets are actually good for traffic flow, since they allow
stoplights to be timed going both directions.

I suppose that does make sense. OK.
You supplied me with the information I needed, now hopefully tonight
we can get the hydrants placed. My dad wanted me to find out what
the layout was, as that would affect hydrant placement.

Ryan Dennett
Datsville Fire Co.