 CAD / 1924
Re: Regarding the "hoser" program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 11:54:31 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> writes:

I would love it if some handy programmer would care to write a proggy
which would accomplish the same task without the cumbersome use of a
spreadsheet.

Thinking back at my "Calculus" days, I seem to remember that it should
be possible to generate a curve by specifying the end points and their
start angles, as well as the length of the curve by minimizing the
curvature.  Of course, one would have to restrict the parametric form of
the curve pretty much.  I'll look it up some day to see if I can come up
with something interesting.

Of course, if I program something like this, it will be in Emacs, which
will probably be even more cumbersome for almost anyone except myself!
:-)

I'm in need of some flex-system hoses for my new Beach Buggy model.  I
don't like the front windscreen as it is right now, so I'm thinking of
using those flexible hoses in stead.  Take a look at the development of
the car if you want to, but be warned that the presentation is not
finished yet:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/beach-buggy/

Fredrik