 CAD / 1913
1912  |  1914
Subject:
Regarding the "hoser" program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:05:41 GMT

I'm aware that there exists a spreadsheet which can be used for making
curved hoses at

    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Fields/1864/hoses.html

Now, I haven't got any software to use such spreadsheets (assuming it's
Excel?), nor have I even used a spreadsheet before.  (I haven't used
Word either, some find that even harder to believe.)  I couldn't find
any README.TXT file in the hoser.zip archive either.

Anyway, I wonder if someone can very briefly explain to me what kind of
technology is used.  Do you use splines or bezier curves, or something
completely different?  Do you specify the direction at the endpoints and
total length of the hose?  Is the hose layout determined by minimizing
the maximum curvature given some constraints, or by some other
technique?

Fredrik