 CAD / 180
Re: Sorry...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 22:16:32 GMT

And where can I find the updated LDAO ??  I seem to have lost the URL.

Steve Bliss wrote:

The short answer, in LDAO v1.4 (the current version), do this:

- Select Options | Tool Manager.
- Select 'LDraw Tool' from the Available Tools list.
- Make sure the 'Run via .BAT file' option is *not* checked.

This is assuming you followed the first set of instructions that were
posted to L-CAD, before version 1.4 was released.  With LDAO 1.4, you
can add a new tool for LDLite, and keep the original LDraw tool the
way it was.  To do this, keep reading.

(All of this action takes place in the Tool Manager)

First, to reset the LDraw Tool:
- Select 'LDraw Tool' from the Available Tools list.
- Change the Command entry to %base%\ldraw.exe %model% %parm%
- Change Working Directory to %base%
- The Requires Model, Needs Short Filename, and Run via .BAT file
options should all be checked.
- The Show in Tools Menu and Show as Button may be checked or cleared,
depending in whether you want an LDraw option on the menu and/or as a
button.

To make a new tool for LDLite rendering:
- Click New
- Enter 'LDLite' (without quotes) as the name for your new tool.
- Set Command to '<path>\ldlite.exe %model% %parm%'.  '<path>' is
actually the path to your ldlite.exe program, such as c:\ldraw\ldlite.
- Set Working Directory to %base%
- Check the Show in Tools Menu and/or Show as Button options, as you
want.
- Clear the Requires Model, Needs Short Filenames, and Run via .BAT
file options.  LDLite doesn't need these.
- Enter a Menu Caption if you want to launch LDLite from the Tools
menu. Something like LDL&ite (the ampersand tells LDAO what key to use
as the short-cut key)
- Enter a Button Caption if you want have a button for LDLite on the
main LDAO window. Ener something like LDL&ite (the ampersand tells
LDAO what key to use as the short-cut key)
- Enter Tooltip Text if you want.  Something like "Render a model with
LDLite".

To use LDLite for making VEC images:
- Select 'Catalog Tool' from the list of Available Tools.  If you
don't see a Catalog Tool item, exit the Tool Manager and click Options
| Update Tool Menu.  Then try Tool Manager again.
- Set the various tool options as listed above, except leave the Show
in Tools Menu and Show as Button options *unchecked*.

To use LDLite for previewing from the LDAO Editor:
- Repeat the process for using LDLite for VEC Images, but select
'Editor Renderer' instead of 'Catalog Tool'.

There currently is no way to use LDLite for rendering images from the
HTML Generator.  That will be fixed in the next release.

Steve

Once upon a time, Karim <knassar@mindspring.com> wrote:

Could someone repost the information on how to get LDAO to run LDLite instead of
LDraw?  I tried to fudge it, and it works, but it keeps popping up the DOS
window, and then switching to the windowed view for the actual rendering.

BTW, Huw, could you email me that new stingray sub you posted?  I missed it, and
I like to take a look :-)

--Karim

--
Paul Foster