 CAD / 17202
17201  |  17203
Subject:
LDraw Visual Identity and Stamps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 06:40:24 GMT

Dear all,

A while back I had the idea that having some form of branding on LDraw generated instructions and imagery (where applicable) would be a nice way to get the message out and give a nod to the hard work of all the people involved in the process.

The idea was to have some stamps and branding that people could add to (eg.) the last page of their custom instructions or other LDraw generated imagery and products. Not only would this be a way to promote the LDraw website (and through it all the hard work that goes into LDraw) but it would also be a good way to have some consistent ‘branding’ (and half of you sigh and roll your eyes) to make it clear what is an LDraw product and what is made in LDD.

I asked Tyler Clites (legohaulic) to see what he could do. As someone who has used LDraw to share his own exclellent designs in the form of free instructions he was happy to help and produced a bunch of excellent images. We also made some rerenderings of the LDraw 2x3 brick and a similar but new version Tyler used to make the L in his logos.

The results are now up in the LDraw galleries. So if you use LDraw to make instructions or anything else then please include them. It shows some consideration for all the people who have put their hard work into the parts, software and other components that make up this excellent but free library and toolset.

Tim

PS. I’m very excited to be able to present these and have put them up before finding out for certain but the idea is that these are for sharing. I’ll post a follow-up about the licensing when I hear back from Tyler (who isn’t a LUGNET member).