 CAD / 17173
Re: LDraw.org 2010-01 Parts Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 17:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
The 205 certified files currently on the LDraw Parts Tracker were held back from
this update in keeping our normal practice of not releasing new primitives or
subparts until they are needed for an official part file. Only 14 were part
files that it makes sense to release as a package of related parts. There are
another 540+ files waiting for admin review, many of which I hope can be
included in the next release within three months.

Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library Admin)

Nice update, but I was kinda hoping the revised Technic Shock Absorber 6.5L was
included. Any chance it will be in the next release?

Because I was hoping to use the classic shock in a sample for my LD4DStudio
program. The upcoming version supports realtime spring generation and the
current 6.5L part has no separate spring, so this will result in two springs
ending up on screen :(

Unless I include a modified version of the part with the sample, but I'm not
sure if that's permitted with the new license.

Anyway nice work to anyone involved.