 CAD / 16532
Re: Color Manger - Program Testers Wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:09:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
I'm not sure that I understand about the custumized color toolbar.  I have never
been able to make changes to the color toolbar.
I don't remember who told me this trick: just right click on a color square and
choose the new color you want there.

Are these customizations saved
in the MLCAD.cfg file?

As far as I can tell, yes.

Philo

OMG!  That is amazing!  I'm highly surprised this feature isn't published
somewhere?

The info for the customized color bar is saved in the MLCAD.cfg file, and I can
make the program preserve that data.  I'll work on it right away.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Thank you!
Scott

I have made updates to ColorManager, so that every file that it touches is
stored in a Backup folder.  This latest release now changes the MLCAD custom
color bar.  It can add the chosen color to the bar, add the colors from the
model to the bar, and fill the rest of the bar with the most popular colors.

There is an option in the config file to update the custom color bar (or not).

There is also an option to allow ColorManager to clean the model file of custom
colors, which will allow the use of the official LDraw colors with thier
official names without having a message pop up in MLCAD.

A big thank you to Philo for letting me know about the custom color bar.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can add or change.

Download page:
http://www.scottwardlaw.com/colormanager

Thanks!
Scott W.