 CAD / 1617
Re: ldlite problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:44:07 GMT

Justin Hadella wrote in message ...
My normal browser is IE 5.0.

It's a nice browser and in general has caused no problems for me. But... when
I am in the lugnet.cad.dat section, and try to open a ".dat" file, ldlite
opens up fine, but displays no model.

I also have Navigator 4.07 and it will open the ".dat"s just fine. But it
seems to have trouble just even opening pages on lugnet.

Does anyone else use IE 5? If so, how can I make ldlite operable with this
browser?

This a problem with how IE saves temporary files before opening them.  It adds
a "(1)" or "(2)" etc. which fouls up the current version of LDLite.  If you
save the file to your hard disk then view it, it should work fine.  It's a
pain, but I'm hoping Paul will have this fixed for the next version.

Also, on another topic: If I am using ldlite offline, is there a way to look
at models not in the ldraw/models directory? When I try it displays nothing.

Are the models in a directory with a space in the name?  This has been known
to cause problems.

-John Van