 CAD / 15399
Re: Blender to LDraw exporter (Blend2Dat v0.2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:50:50 GMT

Hi again,

I’ve uploaded my script. Right now, it exports everything as black, but it seems to work fine in Ldraw (you can change the color after the fact). If you run the resultant file through Edger, Ldview will smooth it properly. Also, it only exports the main object you have selected in Blender.

The next two things to work on are firstly, I’d like to incorporate the Edger code directly into the script. Quite honestly though, I just flat don’t know how Edger does what it does, since I’m new to programming, so it’s above my head at the moment. I’d very much appreciate help in this department.

Also, I’ll make it so it exports all the selected objects instead of the primary selection. That shouldn’t be too hard.

Here’s an example of what it can do. Left to right is the original piece, the script output, and the output+edger, all being rendered in LDView.

Maj too, since Flickr seems to be having issues: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/sastrei/Miscellany/robot_arm_test2.png

To use it, just drop it into your scripts directory in Blender, it will show up in the menus.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vebyymsp5bo

-Stefan-