 CAD / 15396
Re: LPub 4 Web page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:45:37 GMT

Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Hi gang,

  I have a web page for LPub 4.

  http://www.kclague.net/LPub4.htm

  I've decided to upgrade LPub to an official release, LPub 4.0.0.0.

  The page identifies a windows 32 bit version, and a MacOSX Leopard universal
binary.  The page also has a link to the microsoft visual studio libraries that
might be needed for your windows installation.

Thank you Kevin.

I have a few comments though.
1) The VC runtimes are only 1.7MB (less than 1MB when compressed in
Inno) so I see no reason not to include them, especially as most XP
machines will need them anyway.

2) In the preferences, when I browse for the LDView executable, it
enabled the LDGLite option after clicking OK on the browse dialog

3) The browse dialogs are NOT the standard OS provided windows and so
loose things that users expect like auto completion, especially when it
defaults to my documents when browsing for something that is normally
under Program Files.

4) Can it "guess" what is currently installed and get the paths from the
registry?

5) Preferred renderer allows me to enter LDGLite even if I haven't
enabled it.

It also went into a tight 100% CPU loop after loading 2 LDView instances
when loading the ldraw example car.dat and I had to kill it.

I'll do a few test with larger models but looking good so far :)

Thanks again

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/