 CAD / 15329
  Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Marc, authoring this part (URL) tried to simulate LDraw's "ndis" primitives to ease the substitution once the part is in dat shape. The STL preview showed the triangles at the corners of the various cylinders but it looks like STL2DAT merges (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Willy (...) There already exists such an option : -o4 : no merge to quadrangles All the options are listed here (URL) Would it further be possible to mirror all points on the y-axes right away with (...) Have you considered using a subpart the (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

(...) be sure I've tried all sorts of combinations but I get the triangles simulating the ndis primitives only in one corner, while it looks like that the other corners get merged: (URL) there something I haven't taken in consideration? BTW I use (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi, (...) Its a tough problem ! The problem is, that stl2dat does not recalculate or modify the triangles that are in the stl file. The only thing stl2dat makes is to bind the triangles into ldraw primitives or quadrangle. To solve your problem (...) (16 years ago, 29-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)