 CAD / 15311
Re: Another part review question - about headers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:16:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
I'm looking at the "Official Library Header" specification
(http://www.ldraw.org/Article398.html). How strictly must currently unofficial
parts conform to the !LDRAW_ORG and !LICENSE lines, for example? Are those set
by admins once the content of a part is certified, or as a reviewer am I to
verify this part of the header as well?

Thanks,
Jim

Hi Jim,

the new header was the result/a requirement of/for the CA conversion (Ratified
2006-09-08) but the PT is up since 2001. This means that you'll come across many
parts which have been submitted earlier: My oldest is this one
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=4773 (Aug 29, 2002).

I would say that it's a bit strict to hold vote a part submitted after September
2006 because of the header, but a correct header definitely makes life easier
for the admins. Leaving a note like Philo does:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x941.dat

should be sufficient.

w.