 CAD / 15005
    Re: renderer.dll —Orion Pobursky
   (...) The best bet (and one option I've been eying for a while) is LDView. It's source is open and it's written generically enough that it could be completely cross platform. -Orion (17 years ago, 21-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: renderer.dll —Travis Cobbs
   (...) There's actually another alternative, and that would be to use LDView.exe itself. There's been code in LDView for a long time that is designed to allow an LDView renderer to show up as a child window of another program. It was never completed, (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: renderer.dll —Anders Isaksson
     (...) Windows isn't really made for parenting other processes into another window. Many things seem to work, but sooner or later you stumble over something that doesn't, and there's no workaround. Also, it is not at all obvious that all the users of (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

         Re: renderer.dll —Michael Heidemann
     (...) Why should it be so complicate. I think about a DLL that gets only some informations like: Filename(to render),LDrawPath, LDConfigPath, BackgroundColor, DefaultColor and hDC for output. All other stuff should be done in a black box. This would (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: renderer.dll —Michael Heidemann
   (...) I just have tested this option and the result is that all stood still and can only be closed. This shut down then the complete GUI of VB5. Thats my first feedback for this. In general I would like more a dll or whatever, that I can show also (...) (17 years ago, 22-Dec-07, to lugnet.cad)