 CAD / 14900
  Highly confused about Library Updates for MLCad

Hello everybody! For years I have been using MLCad, and I am grateful for the great service and support of the software. I recently installed the official parts updates for MLCad offered at the relating website. But now suddenly I have 2 1x1 round (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Highly confused about Library Updates for MLCad

(...) According to comments in my copy of the 6141 file, 0 // Part 6141 is the counterpart of 4073. Visually, the two parts seem 0 // identical. This file is provided to make it easier to locate part files 0 // when using the numbers used in LEGO (...) (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Highly confused about Library Updates for MLCad

(...) It is quite possible that one number is for transparent bricks and the other is for regular solid ABS. IIRC they are different molds. The LDraw parts library tries to be as inclusive as possible. Tim (17 years ago, 16-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Highly confused about Library Updates for MLCad

(...) Indeed, while opaque parts are made from ABS, thansparent ones use polycarbonate. These plastics have different behaviour that require slightly different molds to get the tight tolerances you appreciate from LEGO bricks... Philo (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Highly confused about Library Updates for MLCad

(...) Hello Christopher, I will not go into the same level of details as previous replies in this thread, but rather reply in a more general way. First of all, you make a mistake if you call it "Library Updates for MLCad". In one way, yes they are (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.cad)