 CAD / 14695
Re: Selling prints of LDraw renders
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2007 02:13:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Philip Heinrich wrote:
   I’m interested in selling prints of renders I’ve made of LDraw scenes. The way I interpret the terms of service, it appears that this is fine, but I wanted to check here to make sure I haven’t missed anything. Is there any precedent for this and is it allowed under the TOS? Thanks,

-Philip Heinrich

Dear Philip,

To my knowledge there is nothing stopping you doing this. I wouldn’t swear that it’s not infringing copyright (IANAL) but I find it extremely unlikely anyone would make an issue out of it.

Tim (speaking without his SteerCo hat on)

Given the way the software is made available, I would hope that anyone considering turning a profit from it might consider earmarking a portion of the proceeds to Ldraw.org - like Tim Courtney did from the sales of Virtual Lego.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
(not wearing any particular hat here)