 CAD / 14589
Re: Tread part and use in MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 16:47:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Ken Koleda wrote:
I have the need to use this tread part:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/43903 (used to be x203)

I recall it took a while to find it (I think because there was only a
preliminary or unofficial(?) version).

Anyhow, ideally I would be able to bend this part just slightly.
Several of my mocs use this part with four or five wheels and the
center 2 or 3 wheels are dropped one plate.  IMO this makes the moc
look a little better and also makes it roll better as well.  IIRC
the standard part will just run through the wheels.

  LSynth supports rubber tread.  If you have troubles chime in here.

Actually I just recently started some work on the lsynth tread code
and I think it only supports the larger rubber tread right now.

I found the wheels for the small rubber treads on parts tracker, but I
can't seem to locate the tread part(s).  Could someone point me in the
right direction?

Don