 CAD / 14488
Re: 10183 Plans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:54:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Joseph A. O'Donnell wrote:
It has been posted that the 10183 plans are supposed to be available on the
23rd...but they are currently shown on the LDD site with a download button. When
I try to download one, something pops up on my screen, makes a sound and goes
away. When my pop-up blocker software actually blocks something, a tool bar
allows me to permit the pop-up. No such tool bar shows up.

Does anyone know what's happening?

TNX

Joseph

Yeah, the Factory web site has been doing that to me for a while now.  When I
click on the light-blue download button IE blips at me and I get nothing.  You
can work around it by going to the instructions in the factory gallery itself.
Click on the gallery tab and then click on "cool train creations" beneath the
search box.  Then after you select a model, instead of clicking on the download
button, click on the "check price" button.  Finally, click on the "Download Now"
button where it talks about downloading the instructions underneath the model
picture and price info.  This works for me.  I think it must have something to
do with Flash, as I believe this link is a normal html link while the other
"download" buttons you see are done with Flash.  This is a very convoluted
approach and I'd love to hear a way to make it work as intended.  Anyone else
figure this out?

Regards,
-Paul D.

Worked like a charm!

Thank you.

Now...can we save these 2.0 files into LDraw like we could with 1.6? First
attempt with simply apending .ldr to the file name in a 'save as' yield run
errors in MLCAD.

Joseph