 CAD / 14432
Re: Settings for LPub using LDView or LDGLite as renderer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:41:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
   Hi there,

Just recently I began working again with LPub. I ran in to some problems and cannot seem to set things up properly. Errors:

Could not run command”-ca0.1 -cg0.00,0.00,500000.00 -SaveWidth=1280 -SaveHeight=1024 -PreferenceSet=LPub -SaveAlpha=1 - SaveSnapShot=”LPubimages\rotate.png” LPubLDraw\rotatel.dat”

Image file LPubImages\rotate.png not found. Check POV-Ray’s Messages Tab for errors.

This may be due to a bug in LDView 3.1. However, since LPub isn’t listing the LDView executable at the beggining of the command, it seems that something else might also be wrong. Click on the LDView button in LPub, and make sure it’s pointing to LDView.exe.

Since LDView 3.1 does have a command line snapshot generation bug, I’ve decided to make an alpha version of LDView 3.2 available. See here for information.

   Can someone please post proper settings for LPub using LDView or LDGLite as renderer to make instructions like these:

I downloaded LPub and POV-Ray, then installed POV-Ray, then installed LPub, then pointed LPub at LDView 3.2 alpha 4 (from the link above), then generated instructions for CAR.DAT without any errors.

You didn’t post the actual link to the look you want. However, you’ll want to customize the settings in the LPub preference set in LDView. To do that, go to the Preference Sets tab in LDView’s Preferences, then select LPub and hit Apply if it’s on the list. If it isn’t on the list, hit New, then enter LPub as the name, then make sure it’s selected and hit Apply if Apply is enabled. Then, I would suggest the following changes from the default settings:

General:
  • Set FSAA to its maximum available setting and disable Antialiased lines, if FSAA is enabled in LDView with your video card.
  • Enable Anialiased lines if FSAA is disabled.
  • Set the background color to white
  • Set Field of view to 0.1
  • Set Memory usage to Low (this is actually faster for command line snapshot rendering)
Geometry:
  • Disable Seam Width
  • Enable Edge lines
  • Enable Conditional lines
Effects:
  • Enable Subdued lighting
  • Disable Specular highlight
Primitives:
  • If you want stud logos, select Anisotropic filtering if it is enabled, and move the slider to the right of that to its maximum value
  • If Anisotropic filtering is disabled, make sure Trilinear is selected
  • If you don’t want stud logos, disable Texture studs
  • Uncheck Low quality studs (faster)
In the main LDView window, hold down shift, then click and drag with the left mouse button until the lighting looks the way you want it to look. If you mess it up and can’t get it back the way it was, go to the Effects tab in Preferences and select the middle Light direction button.

Once you have things looking the way you want them to look, go to the Preference Sets tab in Preferences, select Default from the list, and hit apply. This will prevent you from accidentally changing the LPub settings if you use LDView as a regular viewer.

--Travis