 CAD / 14383
Re: New LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:00:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Reynolds wrote:

   I’m posting an LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial. In the tutorial, I show how to take an LDraw file, make it animatable, convert it to POV-Ray using Anton Raves’ parts library and create an animation from it.

I’ll try to go over as much syntax and concepts as I think a newbie would need in order to understand everything. The things I wont discuss in depth include how to start a POV-Ray render or how to take an image sequence (the output of a POV-Ray render) and make a movie file out of them.

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/articles/animatablemodels2.html

Please let me know if you find problems.

Hi James,

I started reading it, and it seems pretty good, but I find that colour combination (grey on black) almost impossible to read. Would you consider using a higher contrast combination?

ROSCO

I just changed it to white on black. Is that better? I’m not entirely happy with my site’s design, and I never really did take into account Windows gamma differences, so I should probably make more changes.

Well it’s definitely an improvement, but I still find the bluish grey text in your links difficult to read. I think, as Anders pointed out, that the main problem might lie in the black background.

ROSCO