 CAD / 14382
Re: New LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:33:43 GMT

James Reynolds wrote:
I'm posting an LDraw modeling/animation/POV-Ray tutorial.

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/articles/animatable_models_2.html

Please let me know if you find problems.

I *think* the content is OK, but I had to give up reading it :-(

Black backgrounds just don't work for my eyes (brain?). The text is
blurry to begin with, and after a short time I just can't read it at
all, everything swims before my eyes.

I know different people have different preferences, just wanted to
let you know that the pages are unreadable for *me*.

I *think* there is a reason why almost no commercial web sites have black
backgrounds, but I don't have any references...

A quick Google search doesn't show any consensus, although I percieve a
slight bias *against* black backgrounds (that could be my selection, of
course :-)

http://www.randomterrain.com/web-design-readability-and-backgrounds.html

http://www.edwardtufte.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=0000M0&topic_id=1

http://webdesign.about.com/od/webdesignbasics/a/aascaryweb.htm