 CAD / 1431
  Browser Add-on?

In (URL) one can read: lugnet.cad.dat Special non-discussion group for posting LDraw .DAT files, which can be viewed through the web interface using a special browser add-on [...] Where is this browser add-on? Laurentino Martins (...) (25 years ago, 26-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

(...) This uses Gyug's LDLite program and the installed base of LDraw part files. (URL) for LDraw (URL) for LDLite And you have to tell your browser to use LDLite to open .DAT files. Pretty slick once it is all set up. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

(...) I figured that out, but you forgot to say that I need to browse the newsgroup in HTTP mode for it to work. Thanks. Laurentino Martins [mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt] [(URL) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

(...) Oh yeah, and you have to browse in HTTP mode. : - ) BTW, for some reason, I can get it to work in Netscape, but not IE. Don't know why. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

LDLite does not like the characters used in the temporary names IE uses for downloaded files, especially '(', ')', and spaces. The next version will support IE better. -gyug (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:34:43 GMT, Paul Gyugyi <paul@gyugyi.com> wrote: Ah. I see. I thought I was just not setting something correctly. Thanks. -- Terry K -- (...) (25 years ago, 27-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Browser Add-on?

This is an old thread but something I've also had troubles with and can't find help on the subject. I have the .DAT file extension set to use L3Lab as my viewer, and everything works fine; when I double-click or otherwise open an LDraw DAT file it (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad)