 CAD / 3978
Re: Browser Add-on?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:13:01 GMT

   This is an old thread but something I've also had troubles with and can't
find help on the subject.
   I have the .DAT file extension set to use L3Lab as my viewer, and
everything works fine; when I double-click or otherwise open an LDraw DAT file
it automatically uses L3Lab to view it.
   My problem is that when I click on the DAT file link in Lugnet, it gives it
a .CGI extension. The resulting file is named "LDraw.cgi" every time. I can go
ahead and save it, rename it as "spacerobot.dat" or whatever, then open it
from Windows Explorer, but it would be way cooler if it would open under its
correct name ("xxxxx.dat") so it could automatically launch L3Lab.
   Is there any way I can make this happen? Am I doing something wrong?

   Thanks!
   Coby

In lugnet.cad, Terry Keller writes:
On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 20:56:46 GMT, Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt>