 CAD / 14042
Re: Animation problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 10:20:35 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:
Did I briefly speak to you at 1000steine land about this?
yep ;)

Try turning off radiosity and see if the problem goes away. The way that povray
approximates radiosity could easily be to blame.

yep. Tried that with full-pal frames without any radiosity (2 light
sources - one high up in the sky rgb 1.4, second a bit behind & above
the camera rgb 0.5 to soften the shadows a bit. It's _much_ better,
better said: the are no pulsating shadows.

So it must be PovRay 3.5 x my radiosity settings. I think I'll have to
dive in the docs, pfff.

One frame now renders in about 30 seconds, so the computer will have
something to do whole day ;o) (i'm generating 1 minute in 25fps = 1600
frames). And it's just the simple rotation of camera around static
model. I'm generating double-PAL resolution, then I'll shrink it 50%
down to full-PAL resolution to get antialiasing in ImageMagick. AA in
PovRay is strange and slow.

It seems that tmpgenc should be able to take series of bmps as a source
for video, I was using some simple all-bmps-to-one-large-avi tool before.

---
Jindroush
www.kostky.org - For Czech LEGO fans.