 CAD / 1370
  A Sphere

Has anyone modeled a sphere in Ldraw? I am having trouble getting an interesting sphere effect in a tight (16-20 stud) space and could use some ideas... Rich (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Sphere

(...) A "real" sphere or a LEGO "sphere"? I have been thinking of building some LEGO "spheres" in various sizes, but here's a sketch for a program that writes a "real" sphere for LDraw: ---...--- procedure Put_Point (Latitude, Longitude : in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Sphere

(...) Here's some code that should help you creating a spherical LEGO model: ---...--- -- The orientation matrix or the order the coordinates are _printed_ in -- needs to be fixed. Radius : constant Positive := 45; -- LU ( = 1/2 plates ) Half_Width (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: A Sphere

I have definitely been looking for a Lego sphere in the 16-20 stud range...I should be more clear I guess. Thanks for the real sphere program though and the compiler. I have tried several configurations of Lego spheres in the 16-20 stud wide range (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Building a sphere

(...) I've polished up the code for generating building instructions for a LEGO sphere I posted yesterday. It still needs some tweaking (part number for 1x1 plate and a corrected orientation matrix), but at least it compiles. If you need a sphere (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: A Sphere

(...) sphere). Once the gmltc gets their website up and running I'll work on turning it into an asp page, and people will be able to design their own spheres and print them out of their browser. If you want a specific size sphere, I could send you a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad)