 CAD / 13415
Re: Batch editing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:44:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Bugge wrote:
Hi Simone

When I click the links to your description, I just get to a couple of blank
pages...? (the two last links)

Anyways, I'm curious: what does this program do except what you can achieve
using, say, MLCad [select same type] and [select same colour] commands (plus
clicking a new colour)? Can it do both things at the same time, or something
more - perhaps change all type x parts into type y?

That could be nifty since the discovery of correct partnumbers via LDD
flooded the official Ldraw libary with these annoying double numbered parts
(and I'm constantly drag-dropping the wrong part from the palette).

Cheers NB

I am sorry for the non-working links - they seemed to work OK from here, but
I'll check again tomorrow, as I can't fix them from where I am

As for what the program does, the answer is yes, it can do both things at once,
and more, as it is a library you can use to write programs that edit Ldraw
files.

There's a script called lsed.pl in the module distribution that provides some
examples. It works like this:

  lsed.pl "%color = 4 if %y > 16"

colors red all bricks with y position above 16 while

  lsed.pl "%y += 16 if %color = 4"

raises all red bricks by 16 LDUs. You could also do

  lsed.pl "%color = 4 if %description =~ /wind/i"

to make red anything with a description containing "wind".

I have used it also to writ a script to position bricks as a guide to create a
spline for animation, and then remove them from the Ldraw file.

All in all, it seems to have evolved into some kind of macro language for Ldraw.

Let me know if you want to know more,

Simone