 CAD / 13414
Re: Batch editing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 6 Nov 2005 21:43:24 GMT

I use VIM and it's regular expressions search and replace functionality
to do such things.. but then I am a UNIX Geek...

simone wrote:

Hi everyone,

a while ago I was looking for a way to batch-edit an Ldraw file, to do things
like changing all red bricks into blue, or making all the windows yellow.

I found I had to find a way to do it myself, so I developed a Perl module to do
it, and I'm quite staisfied now, so I wanted to share it.

You can find it at <http://search.cpan.org/~scesano/Lego-Ldraw-0.5.7/>

I created a web page with introduction and installation instructions at
<http://perlego.no-ip.info/perl/index.html> and an example page at
<http://perlego.no-ip.info/perl/example.html>

Enjoy, and let me know if you like it.

Simone