 CAD / 12892
Re: LPub and margins, margins, margins......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:53:14 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
The first issue is units.  I'd like to switch from margins in pixels to margins
in inches or centimeters (user chooses).  I'd also like to define page sizes the
same way.  From there, LPub can calculate the pixels.

Hello Kevin,

I would prefer having all dimensions relative to page size. This way you can
render fast, small rendering for debug and webpages, and with the same "source
code" create high-res renderings for printing (ideally even CSI/PLI images sizes
should be proportionnal to page size too).

Well, I really like the idea of things relative to page size.  I've been trying
to figure out how to make this work.

But, don't we achieve the same thing with DPI/DPI and absolute size?

Also, if you use cm/inches, where do you specify dpi resolution ?

Hey, I make up new meta commands all the time!

Philo

Kevin