 CAD / 12702
12701  |  12703
Subject:
Make Small BOMs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2005 14:07:16 GMT

Dear all,

I’ve decided to contribute my own small (no pun intended) contribution to Lego(R) CAD tools. For those who like to play, not read, here is the link.

http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/gouldt/makesmlbom/makesmlbom.html

Basically it is a little perl program called (imaginatively) makesmlbom.pl which generates a smaller bill-of-materials from the LPub 2.3.07’s output. Since a picture tells a thousand words, hear is what I mean.

LPub output

makesmlbom.pl output

Please let me know what you think, whether you think it is useful, what would make it useful, when it crashes etc. I’ve also released the code (small as it is - a theme here?) under the GPL although it is quite a mess, please feel free to play around.

Tim

PS. This project started with me trying to work out an algorithm for how to efficiently fit rectangles into a larger rectangle (a sort of tiling problem) and gre into the application from there.