 CAD / 12714
Re: Make Small BOMs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 00:10:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:

   Thanks a lot for the feedback by the way. It’s really interesting hearing about your algorithms etc.

You know, I think Kevin and I were discussing this not too long ago. I vaguely remember something about using the minkowski sum on the alpha channel of the png files. But I don’t remember exactly what for. Anyhow, there’s a nifty applet that lets you play with minkowski sums here.

There’s plenty of resources on the internet for this. Just search for nesting algorithm or bin packing algorithm.

Enjoy,

Don