 CAD / 12544
    Re: Lego dimensions —brent skadan
   (...) About .1 mm if possible (...) The LDraw peices do not have the accuracy I need. I have the opportunity to use an ABS 3D printer and want to make myself a couple of custom parts, but in order for it to print nicely I need some very precise (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Lego dimensions —Dave Schuler
   (...) I'm not trying to be a smartypants, but might you also have access to a 3-D scanner? I mean, aren't they used in the design of a lot of current hi-res action figures? That kind of scanner would seem useful, if only to give you high-precision (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Lego dimensions —brent skadan
   (...) I am an engineering student and have access to a rapid prototyping lab. The whole point of this is that there is this one type of brick that I wish Lego made (an 8x4 wing without studs) and if I can get the underside dimensions of a normal 8x4 (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Lego dimensions —David Eaton
     (...) Well, here's the FAQ on dimensions, which has some pretty precise info: (URL) admittedly, I'd probably just break out the calipers anyway. The wall thickness on wings might be different than other parts, which are the ones you'd see in the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Lego dimensions —Darrell Urbien
   In lugnet.cad, brent skadan wrote: so I would not have (...) Just from my experience doing this stuff, you'll want to make a range of parts with varying "fudge factors".. At least on the RP machines I've tried, the accuracy of these machines at (...) (19 years ago, 4-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Lego dimensions —brent skadan
   (...) We have a Dimension BST by Stratasys -- though it is brand spankin new. I was told it has a resolution of .21mm which should work just fine for a Lego connection. I also have the option of using a ZCorp powder cast printer which actually has (...) (19 years ago, 5-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)