 CAD / 12545
Re: Lego dimensions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:57:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, brent skadan wrote:

How accurate do you need?

About .1 mm if possible

   Many LDraw models include a lot of internal structure and as long as those are accurate enough, you’d be all set.

Hope that helps.

XFUT lugnet.cad

The LDraw peices do not have the accuracy I need. I have the opportunity to use an ABS 3D printer and want to make myself a couple of custom parts, but in order for it to print nicely I need some very precise dimensions.

Thanks though,

I’m not trying to be a smartypants, but might you also have access to a 3-D scanner? I mean, aren’t they used in the design of a lot of current hi-res action figures? That kind of scanner would seem useful, if only to give you high-precision measurements of the bricks.

And how the heck did you get access to an ABS printer? My local Office Depot doesn’t seem to have one...

Dave!