 CAD / 12443
Re: Longitudinal-latitudinal coordinates calulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 18:42:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi kevin,

Yeah, I know, I'm not Kevin.  But he's working on lsynth now, so it'd
be nice if he stuck with it.

I'd like to have it both ways. I provide x,y,z and get
lat,long+distance from origin (and yes, the center of the globe is
at the LDraw origin) and vice versa.  I need this to render
backgrounds in bryce using the same camera position I set in
LPub. I'd like to have something like paul's LCad-Calculator - say
stand-alone, no java, runtimes and the like (I love "edger" but I
regret the day I installed that java-thing messing up my disk)

Ok, I see your point about java, but how about javascript?

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/ldrawcoords.html

All you need is a browser, and if you want it stand-alone you just need
to do a "save as".  Then you can click on it in explorer, or on your
desktop, start menu, or whatever to run the browser on the local copy.

Enjoy, (or not)

Don

hi don(e),

thx for the tool. It'll do the job 'til you bake this code into a solid nice

w.