 CAD / 12433
Re: Longitudinal-latitudinal coordinates calulator?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:44:18 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
hi folks,

does anybody have a clue where I could find a converter/calculator which simply
converts my LDraw coordinates into longitudinal-latitudinal values and vice
versa?

if not could some of the code-gods write down a little piece of prog? no
command-line stuff pleazzze - just a GUI with entry-boxes for x/y/z (long/lat).
output should have copy'n'paste feature.

w.

ps. well if you spoil the thing with more functions I wouldn't complain.

Does this help any?

  http://www.pha.jhu.edu/~javalab/spherical/spherical.html

Sorry, no cut-n-paste, but I bet if you google with the right
keywords you'll find something better.  I used these:

  spherical coordinates convert applet

Ok, this one's not as pretty, but does seem to have cut-n-paste support.

  http://www-step.kugi.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~futaana/Java/vectorCalculator.html

Enjoy,

Don