 CAD / 12136
Re: Missing dat files??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 05:56:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin Morgan wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I had to reload Lview and MLCad to a new computer.  I updated with lcad0404.exe,
ran MKLIST, and scanned for parts from inside MLCad.  When I go through the
bricks category, I get error messages stating that I'm missing the following
files:

2-4edge.dat, 1-4edge.dat, 1-8edge.dat,
3-8edge.dat, 3-4edge.dat, 6192.dat,
34a.dat, 34b.dat, 34c.dat, 34d.dat

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin

The files you mention are _only_ in the "Base Parts Library" as packaged by the
late James Jessiman, and have never been re-issued in subsequent updates. The
"complete.exe" only contains parts issued since 0.27. To get the the full
library it is necessary to install both the "LDraw 0.27 Base Distribution" and
"Complete updates since LDraw 0.27" from

<http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewdownload&cid=1>

in that sequence.

This is a not-infrequent issue that the LDraw Steering Committee is working to
resolve.

Chris