 CAD / 12011
Re: Postcard from Poland
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 23:33:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Anders Isaksson wrote:

   Maybe you could use a spotlight, so that the light from inside the building is not directed at the post?

I’ve tried with spotlight, but then the interior of the building get dark. Spotlight creates light like a reflector, not like a bulb.

   Or you could experiment with fadedistance and fadepower so the light doesn’t reach that far,

This is much better idea, I have to try it. Thanks!

   I did that in my 1998 Christmas Card, http://w1.161.telia.com/~u16122508/merry.htm

Here’s the POV-code for the candles (there are 19 of them, and they are the only lights in that picture)

   Then I just replaced each
object 3062dotdat matrix ... with object lightpoint matrix ...

Oh, this is smart. I’ve used “light.dat” in MLCad to place the light sources.

   And then there is the radiosity variation, much softer pictures, muuuuch longer rendering time. My private masterpiece: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=253462

Great work and I can imagine how long it took to render - with this mirror behind the table...

Bye,
--
shaggie