 CAD / 11899
  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) The issue here is not shadows or reflections. It is shading. More ambient light and less diffuse light should reduce the shading effect. I'm not at LPub right now, so I can't tell you if/how to change this. (...) Any time you see this kind of (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

Thanks guys I tweaked ambient up to 0.6 from 0.4 and its definately better I shall see what effect taking difused down has later (and the interaction of the two), but at least I know I can get an acceptable result now. Thanks again William PS - and (...) (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub: Rendering mainly black and dk grey models

(...) Generally, if you increase ambient without decreasing diffuse, you end up with overexposure (blown highlights). Things that would normally add up to less than full brightness then add up to full brightness. Things that would have added up to (...) (20 years ago, 29-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)