 CAD / 11429
Re: Help with LDGLite...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 3 May 2004 13:28:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Richard Morton wrote:
Please excuse the newby question, but I am using LDGLite to automatically
generate .png thumbnails of the LDraw parts.
I'm quite new at all this, but on the whole, I seem to be working out most
of what I need to know.

My question is, can LDGLite (or any other tool that can automatically spit
out images) use custom colors? Am I able to somehow specify an RGB or Hex
value or am is the list of available colors hardcoded?

For example, the following line generates a thumbnail of part no 2530 in
White;
ldglite -s2 -q -i2 -mSbitmap/2530.png 2530.dat -l2 -c15 -w2

The important value being -c15 which is LDraws defination for white. In my
test, I was able to generate all the standard LDraw colors, but couldn't
find a way to enter custom ones.

Is this possible?

It should be possible.  I think partsref and maybe peeron do it, but
I suspect they use the ldliterc.dat file to define the custom colors.
I think that file is documented here.

  http://ldlite.sourceforge.net/

You put something like this in it.

  0 COLOUR 335 SAND_RED           12 212 163 157 255 212 163 157 255

Anyhow, the -c argument is supposed to just accept a hex coded ldlite
extended color in the 0x4000000 to 0x7ffffff range, but there seem to
few bugs in that, darnit!  It only takes the number if you convert it
to decimal, and then it seems to have some sort of problem deciding
which quads and triangles are transparent.  I'll have to fix that.
Are you using the windows version?

Don