 CAD / 11408
Re: PARTS and PARTS/S folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 02:41:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In several reviews of my parts the reviewer suggested that the parts should
be in the PARTS/S folder instead of the PARTS folder.
It's about the plastic body of lightbricks and the plastic glass part.
I've been told that complete plastic or rubber molds should be in the PARTS
folder and incomplete plastic or rubber molds (like without front face,
segment of a tyre) as well as metal bits (like plugholes) should be in the
PARTS/S folder.

I just want to confirm that things are how you describe them.  Generally,
anything that a model builder might want/need to manipulate directly (ie, switch
the color, move, use separately, etc) should be in PARTS directory.

Likewise, files that we know are SKU'ed items, even if they are just one
component in a 'complete' part, should be in PARTS.

Minor bits, like metal sections, can be put in PARTS\S.

Steve