 CAD / 11407
Re: PARTS and PARTS/S folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:36:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
In several reviews of my parts the reviewer suggested that the parts should be
in the PARTS/S folder instead of the PARTS folder.
It's about the plastic body of lightbricks and the plastic glass part.
I've been told that complete plastic or rubber molds should be in the PARTS
folder and incomplete plastic or rubber molds (like without front face, segment
of a tyre) as well as metal bits (like plugholes) should be in the PARTS/S
folder.

Perhaps it is a good idea to include a clear description of what should be in
the PARTS folder and what in the PARTS/S folder in the FAQ.
Also a good description of which partnames should start with a '~' or '_' might
be useful to include in the FAQ.

Niels

This page http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/filetypesfaq/
was intended to answer these questions. But admittedly it does not include
information about the part title prefix. I'll add that. Is there another type of
file in parts/s that is not covered here?

Chris