 CAD / 11270
Re: Studa.dat or stretch Stud.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:28:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
Hello,

I noticed that the 2x4 Train Bricks with Holder for Sliding Wheel have 6 LDU
high studs instead of the regular 4 LDU high studs. Looking at the various stud
primitives I saw that many studs have an variant without edge around base
(stud2.dat vs stud2a.dat), but there is no studa.dat.

Is it allowed to scale Stud.dat by 1.5 to get a 6 LDU high stud, or should I
create a new Studa.dat primitive? (and lowres Stu2a.dat)?

Niels

I would recommend not to stretch stud.dat (for more justification of this
advice, see the primitives reference -
http://www.ldraw.org/library/tracker/ref/primref/#specstud), but to submit a
studa.dat and stu2a.dat.

Chris