 CAD / 11268
Re: Studa.dat or stretch Stud.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:04:51 GMT

Niels Karsdorp wrote:
I noticed that the 2x4 Train Bricks with Holder for Sliding Wheel have 6 LDU
high studs instead of the regular 4 LDU high studs. Looking at the various stud
primitives I saw that many studs have an variant without edge around base
(stud2.dat vs stud2a.dat), but there is no studa.dat.

Is it allowed to scale Stud.dat by 1.5 to get a 6 LDU high stud, or should I
create a new Studa.dat primitive? (and lowres Stu2a.dat)?

Mark Kennedy wrote:
Scaling the stud poses no problem. I have done it myself on some parts.

I just did a test and noticed that l3p stretches the logo on the studs, too.
For new stud primitives (studa.dat and stu2a.dat) l3p needs to be updated to
recognize these as studs and apply the logos.

In meanwhile I'll use unscaled stud.dat and cylinder and I don't bother the edge
below the stud (and above the cylinder) for now.

Niels