 CAD / 10900
Re: Old bikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 07:32:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Mark Chittenden wrote:
   I had made an LDRAW version of the old 393 & 394 motorcycles back around September ‘02, but had to make due with the ‘new’ style 17 x 43 tyre and large wheel.

Here’s what my modeling efforts turned out (with the ‘alternative’ tyre solution): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=15039

If you want to use the correct bricks with holes instead of the modern technic bricks you used, use these: http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=10785

Niels

Have since redone my ldraw versions to be more accurate (including using the older style technic brick instead of the modern one). But since Jan Folkersma/Jeroen de Haan (not sure which) already done a more accurate rendered version, my versions as found on Brickshelf can be used as models for a modern recreate since the older bricks/wheels/tyres might be difficult to find.

Course, myself, I’ve now been inspired to do some bricklink shopping to hunt for pieces to recreate these in reality rather than in virtual...

--- “Ohhh, shiney!”

Mark Chittenden