 CAD / 10846
    Overlapping lines (type 2) —Niels Karsdorp
   A question for the more experienced part authors: Is it permitted to have lines (linetype 2) overlap, caused by adjecent primitives (e.g. two rect or rect and box primitives)? Niels (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Overlapping lines (type 2) —Orion Pobursky
     (...) While this might be bad coding form, there is nothing technically wrong with this. I would look into using the rect3, rect2p, rect2o, and rect1 primitives where possible. -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Overlapping lines (type 2) —Steve Bliss
   (...) This isn't 'forbidden' or anything. But, because of the way renderers calculate lines & edges, this type of arrangement might lead to 'edge noise' -- occasional doubling of sections of the line. For the few number of lines involved, I'd look (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

        Re: Overlapping lines (type 2) —Niels Karsdorp
   (...) Another example is the motor cutout of several old train baseplates. These have 12 sides and 36 edges, but can also be created with 3 box3u2p primitives and having overlapping 4 edges. Or should I create another box3 primitive with two more (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)