 CAD / 10846
  Overlapping lines (type 2)

A question for the more experienced part authors: Is it permitted to have lines (linetype 2) overlap, caused by adjecent primitives (e.g. two rect or rect and box primitives)? Niels (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping lines (type 2)

(...) While this might be bad coding form, there is nothing technically wrong with this. I would look into using the rect3, rect2p, rect2o, and rect1 primitives where possible. -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping lines (type 2)

(...) This isn't 'forbidden' or anything. But, because of the way renderers calculate lines & edges, this type of arrangement might lead to 'edge noise' -- occasional doubling of sections of the line. For the few number of lines involved, I'd look (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping lines (type 2)

(...) Another example is the motor cutout of several old train baseplates. These have 12 sides and 36 edges, but can also be created with 3 box3u2p primitives and having overlapping 4 edges. Or should I create another box3 primitive with two more (...) (21 years ago, 2-Dec-03, to lugnet.cad)