 CAD / 10845
Re: Show 3d lego models in the web
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 09:24:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Antonio Cortés Carrillo wrote:
Hi  Everybody!

I am developing a new version of my ocx control for progressive transmission of
3D images, especially optimized for LDRAW LEGO models.
I have a page with numerous mechs to test, taked from www.brickcommander.com,
in this direction:

   http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/atoniman/mechs2.htm
   http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/atoniman/robots.htm

At the moment I'm still developing some improvements, so I would thank any
suggestion or help to verify its correct working.

Thanks and greetings to everybody ;-)

Since your ActiveX control is not signed as safe, the default configuration of
Internet Explorer blocks your control.

-Orion

Hello Orion.

Yes, the ocx control is locked by default in explorer, and the solution is not
unlocking the ActiveX controls (Is dangerous to descend the security:-(). The
provisional solution is to register the web as secure site.
I have included a tutorial (thanks to Miguel Agullo by its suggestion) in

   http://www.usuarios.lycos.es/atoniman/tutorial1.htm

to install the ocx control by the correct and secure form.

Really the ActiveX protocol is not a good solution but is the unique that have
found for online connection. Signning a control is expensive for my few
resources, I prefer to sign it, when the control be totally verified. I am
developing another version for Netscape-motzilla and in few days will have it to
download.

If someone knows a better solution, or knows to sign provisionally an ActiveX
control, please, send me a message, thanks everybody.