 CAD / 10812
Re: Wanted: Windscreen 41881 & x144
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:22:05 GMT

The Windscreen 6x12x6 is actually Wedge 6x8x2 Triple which
is almost the same part but for the little hook on the end I didn't catch in my
quick glance at the Peeron photo... my mistake.  Actually you could just modify
the wedge model by just extending the quads to get the windscreen...  if my
limited parts authoring understanding is correct.

-Andy

Well, NOW I see what you mean. I still disagree :)
Both parts are based on the same design concept, however the "Slave I"
windscreen is so much bigger that I would hardly call both parts "almost the
same". Little hook? A difference of "4" in both length and height (!) is quite
something in the small world of LEGO.

You're not yet convinced, eh? Ok, put the smaller one in the pocket of your
jeans. Fits pretty well, doesn't it? Now go ahead and try the same with the
"Slave I" windscreen and call them "almost the same" again ;)