 CAD / 10778
Re: pathetically slow through-put on Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:47:05 GMT

"http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=soapbox"

soap·box

n.
1. A carton in which soap is packed.
2. A temporary platform used while making an impromptu
  or nonofficial public speech.

intr.v. Informal soap·boxed, soap·box·ing, soap·box·es
To engage in impromptu or nonofficial public speaking,
often flamboyantly.

Idiom:
on (one's) soapbox
Speaking one's views passionately or self-importantly.

And to put this into perspective,
here are some relevant message threads:

"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2588&t=f&v=a"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2573&t=f&v=a"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2224&t=f&v=a"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=2054"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/org/ldraw/?n=1914&t=f&v=a"

"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7320&t=f&v=a"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7225"
"http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7174&t=f&v=a"

Now if you'll excuse me, I see another giant
that's not-so-cleverly disguised as a windmill
that I need to see about...
(This last reference isn't English-specific...  ;)

Thanks!
Franklin