 CAD / 10437
Re: All Encompassing Installer Not Available on Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   The BW03 AEI actually was release to both guest at the conference and the GENERAL PUBLIC at LEGOLAND during the weekend. So it became the 1st OFFICAL LDRAW AEI!

Ack! I have had that BW03 disk in my possession for months. And as you say, the installer is right there on the disk. Looks like there’s 3.5 MB of train models besides. AND a host of tutorials also. All told there’s approx. 418 MB of stuff there. Very nice.

Y’all should be selling this kind of disk via Ldraw. Even if you can’t host the installer online, something like this might help the Org’s financial side of things. And maybe I’m just missing it, but shouldn’t there be a paypal link (or some such thing) somewhere on the Org front page for accepting contributions?

I’m sure there’s all kinds of stuff to do, but this kind of thing should get put on the fast track. I’m pretty excited at this kind of ease of installation. Not that it’s SO hard to install LDraw otherwise, but this just makes it SO much easier. Really, it’s what’s always been needed. It’s the perfect product to offset some of LDraw.org’s costs of maintenance.

BTW, is it on the disk for the “Virtual LEGO” book? Is that book for private gain, or does it also help LDraw.org? Given some of the names involved, is there even a difference?

-- Hop-Frog