 CAD / 10434
Re: All Encompassing Installer Not Available on Ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   And why not?

I have always looked upon loading up all the individual applications as an enormous hassle, and an “all-in-one” installer is SO much easier!!! I know there’s one floating around, I already downloaded it and am currently using it to install Ldraw to my 4 boxes at home. But why isn’t it on the Ldraw site? I know others could benefit from it as much as I have...

My only worry now is to download parts updates, which I think I can handle.

In any case, thanks again to the makers of the “all-in-one” installer -- it so rocks!

-- Hop-Frog

One reason I can think of is that LDraw.org isn’t the maintainer of all the programs that use LDraw files. There are also legal issues in that we don’t have the rights to distrbute some of the programs.

-Orion