 CAD / 10293
Re: Lpub error message "JPEG error #36"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:30:49 GMT

Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
Hi Kevin (and anyone else who may be able to help),
I was using Lpub 2.2 last night to work on generating instructions
for my Crush MOC (see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4740).
I was running an initial test using Proof mode, and everything went
just fine until it was trying to generate the BOM for the entire
model, when it gave me a popup with "JPEG error #36".

This is a known bug in the Borland library routines for jpeg :-(

It happens on jpegs in the size range 1-2MB, so the easiest way to work
around is to generate BMP with LPub, and convert to jpg with some other
program. Another alternative is to change the compression ratio and try
again.

Kevin: I know this has been discussed in the Borland forums, but I'm not
positive if there is any easy patch available. I think there was a solution
with a completely different jpeg library, but I'm not online while writing,
so I can't check right now.

(Just found this:
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccWeb.exe/author?authorid=162258
)